- You agree that if you submit your personal information to us, we may create a database record about you;
1. Your personal information is important to us
Geelong Party Hire is committed to safeguarding your personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Geelong Party Hire will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
2. Our services
- Products available for application
- Information about new products or services from Geelong Party Hire.
3. Collecting information about you
Geelong Party Hire will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. The only personal information we collect is what you tell us about yourself.
When you apply for a product from us (online or in a face to face with one of our representatives), we may ask for your personal information (such as name and address) in order to service your application. You do not have to provide us with this information if that is your preference. However, failure to do so may result in Geelong Party Hire being unable to sell you products and/or provide certain services including after services.
5. Using and disclosing your personal information
We intend to use your information for the following purposes only.
- To fulfill our obligation under any contract and/or any other contract between you and Geelong Party Hire
- To provide you with information about our products, service and/or special offers
- To ask you for your opinion or comments about our products and/or services
- To track general traffic patterns showing the usage of our web site.
Please also note that in order to operate the web site or deliver a service we may sometimes share your personal information with a financial institution, a non-Geelong Party Hire company.
As Geelong Party Hire recognise the trust you place in us when you give us personal information, we will not use or disclose any information about you for other purposes without your consent, except for in exceptional cases such as if disclosure is required by laws or is necessary to protect the rights or property of Geelong Party Hire, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
6. When we will contact you
We may contact you at the email or other address, which you provide to us in order to:
- Provide you with information which may be of interest about updates, new Geelong Party Hire products and other matters which may interest you
- To send you a newsletter
We will not send you ‘spam’ (advertising information) without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you. If you are receiving communications from Geelong Party Hire and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list either by contacting us or by calling Geelong Party Hire on the customer enquiry number 1300 705 844
7. Storage and security of your personal information
Geelong Party Hire will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information, which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. Our employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Geelong Party Hire. However, as we cannot guarantee the security of communications over the Internet, we cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be secure at all times. Geelong Party Hire will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
8. Geelong Party Hire and links to other web sites
Geelong Party Hire provides links to web sites outside of the Geelong Party Hire site. These linked sites are not under the control of Geelong Party Hire, and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our web site. Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the Terms and Conditions of those web sites.
9. Accessing personal information held
If at any time you want to know what information we hold about you, you are welcome to request your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to change and correct personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com. To have personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner, and we will take reasonable steps to delete your personal information unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
10. What to do if you have a problem or question
11. Future changes
Last updated: 21st August 2011